Cross made by Mia Barr
The Gala Committee is hard at work trying to make this year another fantastic success!
So first things first – MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
April 21st 2018
We want to see all of you there, ready to have some fun and raise some money New Orleans Style!
Next we need your help, because that’s what families do; help each other out. We are looking for some great options for the gala, some will be easy to get. Others will need a little extra kick to get us something special.
But here’s the thing, all donated items to the gala are tax deductible and profits go straight back to St. Theresa’s, so it’s a win/win!
So ask yourself, what do I do or have access to?? Why not share it??
- Do you teach piano, swimming, tennis, cooking or other sports? Consider donating a lesson or two
- Photography, art, drawing keep you busy in your spare time? Donate an original piece!
- Good with a hammer, drill or an all-around handy person for a household? Car detailing? A green thumb in the garden or a donation of a few rooms of house painting? Who doesn’t have a list of home projects that would love some of those skills on a Saturday?
- Are your parties the must attend events of the month? Consider your party planning skills in hot demand. Pool parities, princess parties, super hero parties, progressive dinners, wine and cheese parties… the list is endless. Great for adults and kids alike, your passion can help us out
- Have access to a summer or winter home that makes for a great family or couples vacation? We would love a weekend or even a week to round out a great package for auction.
- All that work travel has you with more points than you know what to do with? Why not donate those miles to help with airfare?
- Maybe a few dates on those season tickets for your favorite team that you can’t make? Sports fanatics of all kinds would take those in a heartbeat!
If you have questions or want to discuss in more detail, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Meghan McConville (email@example.com or 515.556.4835), Stacey Taiber (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amy Stevens (email@example.com). We would love to talk about ANY ideas you might have for a donation!
The Saint Theresa 2018 Gala & Auction is just around the corner!
This year the Gala will provide our children money for a STEM makerspace. Every grade will fill a themed basket for the auction. Each student is asked to bring in one or more inexpensive item(s) for the class basket with the receipt taped to the back of the item for exchanges or possible duplications.
The PTC will be holding a Basket Blitz to get the class baskets filled during the week of February 19th – 23rd. During that week send the item to school with your child(ren) and they can give it to their teacher.
The grade that obtains the most items in their class basket will get a pizza or ice cream party!
What to expect in the Thursday folder at the beginning of February:
- You will get the basket idea for your grade (ideas and pictures).
- Every grade will have a different basket idea.
- The rally will only be one week long.
- Come on kids and get those baskets filled!
Any questions please contact Nicki Castellano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This contest this isn’t until February, but some parents like to shop early and hit the Christmas deals!
FAQ about Gala Raffle Ticket Contest…
What is the GALA?
It is St. Theresa’s big event (adult only) to raise money for the school, usually focused on Technology. This year we are raising money to create a “Makerspace,” which is all STEM focused and can help set us apart from all the other schools as being the first to make this available to our students.
What is this raffle ticket contest for?
This is a fun way for the kids to raise money and take part in the Gala since they cannot attend. And it’s a great way for adults to win some money or FREE Tuition for a Year! We try to make it fun and exciting for them by rewarding them with something exciting at the end of the contest for the most sales! This year…the TOP 2 Grade levels will get to take a field trip to Ricochet in Downtown Des Moines! They will get to play games like ping pong, fooseball, Bags (cornhole), there is an area to watch a movie, play video games. We will also get Pizza for them to eat while there! We are working on the dates and will get that out to everyone as soon as we have the date firmed up! It will be by Whole Grade this year not classroom.
All proceeds go towards raising money for the school!
What if, for example G’ma/G’pa/aunt/uncle live out of town or out of state?
That is OK! We can mail them a check if they win! Their name will be recorded with the Raffle ticket number they receive so if they are not present at the gala that night, they will still win the money if their number is drawn! ☺ We will contact them via phone or email for their mailing address.
When do we turn the Money in?
If you collect cash or checks and don’t want to be responsible for it until January 10, 2018 then you can send the contest envelope back with your child in their Thursday folder on Fridays! I will assign ticket numbers to the purchaser and then send the Raffle tickets back in a smaller envelope with the person’s name on it inside the large contest envelope. Your child will bring the big envelope back home and you can continue selling raffle tickets. But FINAL collection of Sales will be on January 10! We will send reminders home in the few days before January 10! Checks will be cashed within a week of when you turn it in.
How will the raffle tickets be distributed?
We will send the raffle tickets home in a small envelope marked with purchaser name, these will be sent back inside the Contest folder, so if you turn it in please check it when you get it back. We will also have a master spreadsheet of who purchased the tickets, the information they provided us and the child that sold it to them as well as the ticket number that was given to them. This is how we will know who won the drawing in the event they are not present the night of the Gala.
Is this the only timeframe we can purchase raffle tickets?
NO! We will have several opportunities throughout the year and other fundraising events to purchase raffle tickets! They will also be available to purchase the night of the GALA! ☺
This didn’t help answer my questions…Who do I contact to ask?
Please feel free to e-mail Emily Pyle with any additional questions!